Pak JIT Acknowledges JeM Involvement in Pathankot: NIA Sources
Pakistan JIT could not refute evidence on JeM involvement in Pathankot terror attack says NIA sources.
The Pakistan Joint Investigation Team couldn’t refute the strong evidence placed before them by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on the involvement of the Pakistan-based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) in the Pathankot attack, said sources in the NIA. On Wednesday, the agency confirmed that it exchanged crucial evidence with the Pakistan JIT.
We are interacting with Pakistan on the basis of reciprocity. The entire process may go on for another two days (till Friday). The Pakistan team has shared the details of their investigation.Sanjeev Singh, IG, NIA
The Pakistan JIT will leave India on Friday with the evidence supplied by the NIA. The NIA has put forward their demands to the Pakistan JIT related to the evidence and witnesses they would like to access when they visit the neighbouring country, which is likely to happen in a month’s time.
Latest Developments in the Investigation
- The Pakistan JIT will question SP Salwinder and other witnesses (barring security officials) through NIA officials on Thursday
- NIA chief Sarad Kumar confirms the preventive detention of some JeM members in Pakistan.
- On Tuesday, Pakistan JIT was briefed about the route taken by the attackers to enter the airbase. This was substantiated with proper evidence.
- NIA has given enough evidence to Pakistan JIT to prove that the perpetrators were training in Pakistan.
- NIA sources say that JeM terrorists crossed the border with ammunition.
- Pakistan JIT has shared the details of their investigation with NIA. They have requested for more evidence from NIA to take action against all perpetrators.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.