India’s Retail Inflation Eases Further In March
Food price inflation stood at 2.8 percent, compared to 3.26 percent in February.
Retail inflation moderated further in March as prices of vegetables fell further with the incoming fresh supply.
The index of consumer price inflation in India stood at 4.28 percent in March, slowing for the third straight month from a 17-month high, according to data released by the Central Statistics Office. Economists polled by Bloomberg had forecast retail inflation at 4.1 percent. Inflation stood at 4.4 percent in February and 5.07 percent in January.
- Food price inflation stood at 2.8 percent compared to 3.26 percent in February.
- Pulses and products inflation fell 13.4 percent year-on-year in March. Prices have softened for the fifteenth straight month.
- Fuel and light inflation stood at 5.7 percent in March, compared to 6.8 percent in February.
- Housing inflation stood at 8.3 percent compared to 8.28 percent in February.
- Clothing and footwear inflation rose to 4.9 percent, compared to 5 percent in February.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.