London Attack: 75-Yr-Old Succumbs to Wounds, Death Toll Rises to 5
A dozen people have been injured, according to Reuters.
- Five people have been killed, including one police official and the attacker, while 40 were injured
- The attacker has been identified as 52-year-old Briton Khalid Masood
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack
- Seven people have been arrested in connection with the attack in raids on six different addresses
- A knife-wielding man charged at police officers outside the Parliament in London before he was shot by the police on Wednesday
- The assailant mowed down several people on Westminster Bridge before the car crashed into a roadside railing
Death Toll Rises to Five
The death toll from Wednesday’s attack on the heart of Britain's democracy grew to five as police said one of the injured, a 75-year-man, had died in hospital after his life support was withdrawn. Mayor of London Sadiq Khan condoled the death on Twitter.
Attacker Identified as Khalid Masood
The UK Parliament attacker has been identified as Khalid Masood, a 52-year-old Briton with criminal convictions.
Identities of the Three Victims Revealed
The three people killed in the London terror attack were a 43-year-old teacher, a veteran police man and an American tourist.
Keith Palmer, 48, was the unarmed police officer outside the parliament when he has stabbed to death by the attacker. Kurt Cochran, who was visiting London from Utah with his wife, was identified as the second victim. Aysha Frade, a teacher with family in Spain, was identified as the third victim.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.