Jamshedpur Police Confronted with Rising Cases of Kids with Guns
Gun found in the schoolbag of a student in Jamshedpur. Third such recovery in the last one month.
- In yet another incident, a firearm was recovered from the schoolbag of a 13-year-old student of RMS School at Khuntadih, Jameshedpur on Friday.
- The schoolbag with the firearm has been seized and interrogation of the Class 8 student is on, Senior Superintendent of Police Anoop T Mathew said.
- The officer-in-charge of Sonari Police Station said the school authorities began a search operation after being informed that a student was flaunting a pistol to his classmates.
Third Incident in One Month
- A Class 11 student of Dayanand Public School was seriously injured and hospitalised after he was hit by a bullet last week. Police had then recovered two firearms, including a country-made pistol from the schoolbag of the injured student’s classmate Amit Kumar.
- One of the recovered firearms was used in the killing of Seraikela-Kharswan district President of Congress (SC cell), Shan Babu alias Bhudeshwar Mukhi, on June 16.
- Prior to that, another firearm was recovered from the bag of a student during school hours in Parsudih, on the outskirts of the steel city of Jamshedpur.
(With agency inputs)
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.