Rajinikanth’s Condition Stable, Decision on Discharge Soon: Apollo

Rajinikanth was admitted to Apollo Hospitals in Hyderabad for severe blood pressure fluctuation on 25 December.

Published
India
2 min read
Rajinikanth was admitted to Apollo Hospitals in Hyderabad for severe blood pressure fluctuation on 25 December.
i

Actor Rajinikanth, who was admitted to Apollo hospital in Hyderabad on 25 December, is expected to be discharged on Sunday evening or on Monday morning. The information was reportedly confirmed by the actor’s brother Sathyanarayana to a television channel.

The hospital, on Saturday, issued a press release stating that the actor was doing well and that a decision would be taken on his discharge on Sunday.

The hospital on Saturday, providing an update on the 70-year-old actor's health, said results of some of the investigations carried out showed nothing alarming, similar to those completed before. "Rajinikanth is stable," the brief bulletin said, adding that a few more reports were awaited. "Based on the reports of remaining investigations and his blood pressure status overnight, a call will be taken tomorrow morning on his discharge," the hospital said.

On Saturday, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami spoke to the actor over phone and enquired about his health. An official release issued in Chennai by the chief minister said that the former prayed for the actor's speedy recovery.

Earlier in the day, the hospital said that the actor's blood pressure was still on the higher side though it was under better control than on Friday and he was progressing well. Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan, TDP supremo N Chandrababu Naidu and actor-politician Kamal Haasan were among those who wished the actor a speedy recovery.

On Friday, Rajinikanth was admitted to Apollo Hospitals in Hyderabad for severe blood pressure fluctuation. He has been in the Telangana capital since 13 December to shoot for Tamil film, Annaatthe, a Sun Pictures production.

After four members from the film’s crew tested positive for the coronavirus, the actor reportedly isolated himself. The actor, who is set to launch his own political party next month ahead of the 2021 Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, tested negative for COVID-19 and was set to return to Chennai on 25 December.

(This story was first published on The News Minute and has been republished in an arrangement.)

(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)

Stay Updated

Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!