David Headley’s Depositions in Mumbai Adjourned Till Tomorrow
Follow the latest updates on David Headley’s deposition in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case on The Quint.
Deposition Adjourned till Tomorrow
The deposition will begin at 7.00 am tomorrow morning and will continue for an hour longer than initially scheduled.
Headley’s hearing has been delayed because of a glitch in video conferencing.
Day 3 of Depositions Begin
Headley’s deposition continues, Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam has arrived at Mumbai court.
Confessions: Day 2 of Depositions
At the end of the second day of depositions, David Headley, accused-turned-approver in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, made the following confessions:
- Abdul Rehman alias Major Pasha is a retired Pakistan Army General.
- Major Pasha was associated with LeT, then joined al-Qaeda.
- ISI told Headley to infiltrate Indian army, gather intel & recruit Indian spies.
- 2003: Headley met JeM chief Maulana Masood Azhar in South Lahore.
- 2006: Met Major Iqbal for the first time at some house in Lahore. A Col. from Pak Army was also present.
- Sept ‘06: Arrived for the first time in Mumbai from Karachi, Pakistan.
- Stayed at Taj Hotel from 14-28 September 2006.
- Also stayed as paying guest near Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai.
- Jan ‘08: Headley’s wife Faiza, filed a complaint in Pakistan against him for suspecting terrorist activities.
- LeT in conjunction with ISI plotted 26/11 attack.
- Headley asks Hafiz Saeed, Lakhvi to ‘legally challenge’ US ban on Lashkar.
- Before taking challenge to court, Lakhvi consulted ISI.
- Nov ‘07: Meeting in Muzaffarabad with Sajid Mir, Abu Khafa and Headley.
- Nov ‘07: Attack on Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai finalised.
- ISI provide financial, moral and military support to LeT.
- Headley has heard that Brigadier Riyaz is a handler for Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.