COVID-19: With 22,252 New Cases, India’s Tally Crosses 7 Lakh-Mark
Catch all the updates on the coronavirus outbreak here.
The number of coronavirus cases in India rose by 22,252 to 7,19,665 on Tuesday, 7 July, while the death toll increased by 467 to 20,160. According to the Union Health Ministry data, there are now 2,59,557 active cases across the country, while 4,39,947 patients have been cured or discharged, and one has migrated.
Meanwhile, the United States has reported 54,999 new cases of coronavirus in 24 hours, a few short of the record set some days back, while the death toll has crossed the 1,30,000-mark, news agency AFP reported on Tuesday, citing the Johns Hopkins University tally.
- The Union Health Ministry on Tuesday said that the recovery rate in the country currently stands at 61.13 percent,
- Maharashtra on Monday recorded 5,368 new COVID-19 cases and 204 deaths, taking the state’s tally to 2,11,987 and the death toll to 9,206
- In Tamil Nadu, 3,827 new infections took the total number of cases to just below 1.15 lakh.
- Delhi on Monday reported 1,379 new cases, taking its tally beyond the 1-lakh mark
- India has become the third worst-affected country globally, overtaking Russia in terms of the number of coronavirus cases
- More than one crore tests have been conducted in India for COVID-19, ICMR announced on Monday
Brazil President Tests Positive for COVID-19
Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro confirms that he has tested positive for COVID-19, AFP reported.
5-Day Complete Shutdown in Odisha's Ganjam District
5-day complete shutdown announced in all urban areas and 5 block headquarters in Odisha's Ganjam district amid rising COVID-19 cases, PTI reported citing official.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar's Relative Tests COVID-19 Positive
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar's relative, who had been staying at his official residence in Patna, tests COVID-19 positive, PTI reports citing sources.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.