Mumbai Cop Saves Life of a 2-Week-Old Baby Who Swallowed a Pin

Three cheers for police constable S Kolekar!

Published18 Jun 2020, 11:49 AM IST
Social Buzz
1 min read

Mumbai Police is full of Good Samaritans and their Instagram page constantly keeps us updated with such stories.

Recently, Mumbai Police shared the story of one of their officers and how he came to rescue at precisely the right moment. PC S Kolekar was going about his day when he found a two-week-old baby choking on a safety pin he had accidentally swallowed. Kolekar’s presence of mind and speed helped him deal with the situation like a total pro! Immediately he located the parents of the baby, who were worried sick. However, Kolekar realised that waiting around for the ambulance might make things worse. So he rushed the child to KEM hospital in his own vehicle. Once there, the child was able to received treatment on time.

Netizens took to social media to appreciate the officer’s presence of mind. The tweet has almost 5,000 likes and has been retweeted by over 600 people.

Mumbai Police’s social media accounts are extremely active. They constantly share stories of brave cops doing their bit. They also use social media as a way of spreading awareness about the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Their posts are relevant and witty, and most likely to make you smile.

Liked this story? We'll send you more. Subscribe to The Quint's newsletter and get selected stories delivered to your inbox every day. Click to get started.

The Quint is available on Telegram & WhatsApp too, click to join.

Stay Updated

Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!