Live

Balochistan Hotel Attack: Pak PM Condemns Gwadar Hotel Attack 

Balochistan Liberation Army has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Updated
World
3 min read
Gwadar‘s only high end hotel, the Pearl Continental Hotel is under attack.
i

Three heavily-armed terrorists on Saturday, 11 May, stormed a luxury hotel in Pakistan's port city of Gwadar in the restive Balochistan province, leading to a fierce gunbattle in which four persons including the attackers were killed, police said.

The armed men entered the upscale Pearl Continental (PC) Hotel and opened random firing, a senior police official said.

The outlawed Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) claimed responsibility of the attack which it said was carried out by the terrorists linked with its Majeed Brigade group.

They shot dead a guard at the entrance, the army's media wing Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said. Balochistan Home Minister Ziaullah Langov said that all the three attackers were killed by the security forces.

Snapshot
  • A shootout between the terrorists and the security forces broke out at the hotel as the anti-terrorism force, the Army and the Frontier Corps were called in
  • The hotel, frequented by business and leisure travellers, is located on the Koh-e-Batil hill, south of West Bay on Fish Harbour road in Gwadar
  • Balochistan, which borders Afghanistan and Iran, is Pakistan’s largest and poorest province, rife with ethnic, sectarian and separatist insurgencies
6:57 AM, 12 May

Pak PM Condemns Gwadar Hotel Attack

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday, May 12, condemned a deadly attack on the luxury hotel in the port city of Gwadar in the troubled Balochistan province, saying the terror strike was an effort to "sabotage" the country's economic projects and prosperity.

"Such attempts especially in Balochistan are an effort to sabotage our economic projects and prosperity. The government will not allow these agendas to succeed," Khan said in a statement issued by his office.

(Source: PTI)

4:31 PM, 11 May

All Three Attackers Killed in Shootout: Balochistan Home Minister

Balochistan Home Minister Ziaullah Langov said that all the three attackers were killed by the security forces.

He said that some of the guests in the hotel were also injured but their number was not immediately known.

4:30 PM, 11 May

Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) Claims Responsibility For Attack

The outlawed Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) claimed responsibility of the attack which it said was carried out by the terrorists linked with its Majeed Brigade group.

The BLA is one of the most-organised terrorist group of Baloch nationalists fighting against security forces. The group was also involved in the terrorist attack at the Chinese consulate in Karachi last year.

3:01 PM, 11 May

Guard Killed After Terrorists Open Fire at Him

Three terrorists attempted a forced entry into the hotel. A guard at the entrance challenged them after which the terrorists opened fire and killed him, the army's media wing Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said. All other guests have been safely evacuated.


Published: 
Stay Updated

Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!