Delhi Bars & Pubs Set to Reopen: What Are the New Rules?
Hotels, restaurants, and clubs in Delhi are also allowed to serve liquor.
The Delhi government has allowed bars and pubs to reopen from 9 September on a trial basis, after they were shut for almost six months due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Hotels, restaurants, and clubs in Delhi are also allowed to serve liquor. The Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) has issued guidelines for both the management and people who wish to visit these places.
Is it safe to visit pubs and bars amid the pandemic?
While there are no specific studies linked to pubs and bars, people are advised to avoid crowded places and maintain physical distancing. The health ministry advisory still asks people to step out only for essential purposes.
What does the government mean by reopening on trial basis?
The pubs and bars have been allowed to reopen on a ‘trial basis’ from 9 to 30 September. Further decision will be taken after assessing the situation after reopening.
On the day Delhi announced reopening of bars, the city reported 19 deaths and 2,737 fresh infections, taking the tally to 1,82,306. This is the highest spike the national capital has seen in over two months.
Who will be allowed to enter?
- Only asymptomatic people who record normal temperature will be allowed entry into the bars and pubs
- It is mandatory for everyone to wear a face mask at the entrance
How will social distancing norms be followed in these places?
- The government has said that the seating should be strictly capped at 50 percent
- Apart from wearing masks, all patrons should maintain 6 feet distance
What are the general precautions that should be taken?
- All employees and customers are screened for COVID-19 symptoms
- Sanitise tables every time customers leave
- Set air conditioner between 24-30 degree celcius
- Encourage contact-less mode of placing orders and making payments
- Ensure all employees and waiters are wearing masks
What about those establishments in containment zones?
Only those bars, pubs, hotels that are are located in containment zones are allowed to reopen.
What happens if bars and pubs violate physical distancing norms?
The government said that any establishment if found violating these guidelines will be sealed immediately.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.