India Now 5th Largest Economy Globally: Budget Numbers at a Glance
India has uplifted 271 million people out of poverty, Nirmala Sitharaman said as she tabled Union Budget 2020.
India is now the fifth largest economy in the world, said Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday, 1 February, as she tabled the Union Budget 2020-21 in Parliament.
Here’s everything you need to know – at a glance:
- Rs 2.83 lakh crore allocated for agriculture and rural sector, divided into two categories – Rural Development and Agriculture, and Allied Activities and Irrigation
- Rs 99,300 crore allocated for the education sector
- Rs 3,000 crore allocated for skill development
- Health sector allocated a sum of Rs 69,000 crore
- Rs 12,300 crore allocated for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan
- India’s FDI elevated to $284 billion during 2014-19 from $190 billion that came in during the 2009-14 period
- Rs 100 crore allotted to prepare for hosting G20 presidency in 2022
For all the live updates on Budget 2020, click here.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.