10 Reasons Why You Are Reading This Article Now
The best thing one can have is have nothing to do.
However, given the times, your NOTHING-TO-DOs take ONE primary form.
The screen. It can be your computer screen, your phone screen or, the sidelined contender now, the TV screen. Right? The sheer privilege of stroking your vigilance to sleep and lulling yourself into the internet’s mohallas is like getting to fluff up your pillows and laying your weary head to rest after a tiring day.
Now, since you are already here, raring to go, ready to lay your weary head to rest, how about a quick recap?
You were drumming your fingers on the table-top for FIVE whole minutes — a time frame that can languidly stretch its slimy proportions to no end when you are trying to have nothing to do!
That is, when you ACTUALLY have nothing to do.
Until you crossover to the dark side. Until you login to Facebook. Or Instagram. Or Twitter.
And then, time just flies.
So, you are probably still reading this because:
1) If you’re at home, you have piles of laundry stacked before you.
You are at home and your laundry is done, but you are also done with Stranger Things 1 and 2. Life feels meaningless and listless now.
2) If you are in office, you know you are NOT supposed to be reading this now. Thus, you ARE.
3) If you are in the elevator, you want to avoid small-talk.
4) If you are at a friend’s place, WHY are you still on your phone?!
5) F.R.I.E.N.D.S ended in 2004 and you still haven’t quite recovered. Now, all you do is saunter about online and bump into articles like these. Rakhi Sawant’s Instagram account does manage to occupy you now and then, but she hasn’t posted anything in the last 7 days.
6) Milind Soman has been trending online for dating a younger girl. This article’s headline was the sanest thing on your timeline today?
7) You’ve checked out the vacation photos of ALL your Facebook friends.
8) You have seven missed calls from your mom. Can you stall any longer?
9) It is that time of the year. The Great Indian November Mishap of 2016. Remember? Since the note ban came into being, you haven’t been the same. Never again shall you be caught off-guard at a social gathering, six hours after Modi ji’s surprise announcement. Now, to prepare yourself for future incidents, you make sure you read every thing that pops up on your timeline. You make sure you scour the internet for clues, snippets of information here and there.
10) By now, you really don’t know why you are still reading this. It just reminded you that you need to get a hundred things done, but all you are doing is... procrastinating.
Well, if you are still reading, we love you, but we don’t know what ELSE to tell you to make you get back to work!
(Breathe In, Breathe Out: Are you finding it tough to breathe polluted air? Join hands with FIT in partnership with #MyRightToBreathe to find a solution to pollution. Send in your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp @ +919999008335)