Viral FB Post on the Death of a Great Dane, Abandoned to Starve
The dog’s rescuers tried to take him to a hospital, but he succumbed to starvation and dehydration on the way.
In yet another instance of deplorable animal cruelty in India, an emaciated Great Dane was found on the streets of Chennai, abandoned by his owners.
Shravan Krishnan, founder of Hotel for Dogs, an animal shelter facility in Chennai went to rescue the dog after getting a call about him, but unfortunately it was too late.
He posted about the instance on Facebook, describing the heart-breaking circumstances that he found the dog in.
By the time the rescuers could get the dog to a hospital, he succumbed to “starvation and dehydration”. This is not the first instance of pets being ill-treated by their owners in India or even in Chennai.
Only recently, a shocking video of two medical students flinging a dog from a terrace in Chennai went viral on social media and sparked widespread outrage. The dog survived the fall but was severely injured.
It was Krishnan and his foundation that found the dog and treated her. They later named her ‘Bhadra.’
The two students however were arrested and soon let off on a meagre bail amount.
“Abandoning your dog is the biggest betrayal you could ever do,” writes Krishnan.
The dog didn’t even get the chance of survival. His plight mirrors that of several other pedigree breeds that are brought home by their owners with great fervor, but abandoned at the slightest instance of trouble.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.