GoT’s Tyrion, Hodor and Drogon Urge Indians to go Vote!
Need inspiration to vote in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections? The PIB has some cool new ambassadors.
Game of Thrones season 8 is here and the hype is so real even sarkaari officials are getting in on it.
The Press Information Bureau (PIB) has decided that the best way to encourage Indian citizens to vote in the upcoming phases of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections is to get memes of some fan favourites from the hit TV series to do the job.
- Tyrion Lannister (played by Peter Dinklage) is constantly reminded he’s a dwarf, but that doesn’t mean he can’t influence the great battle for the throne – and indeed now for the survival of Westeros. Everyone can play a role, no matter how small, so don’t think your vote won’t count.
- Hodor (played by Kristian Nairn) may not be the most swashbuckling of heroes, but is there anyone who doubts he was essential to the story, and a bona fide hero? If he can hold the door against an army of wights, you can jolly well go out and cast your vote.
- Drogon, well, Drogon probably doesn’t need to vote to get what he wants (especially with Queen Daenerys Targaryen as his mum), but he’s here too, so that should tell you how cool democracy is. Plus, if a dragon tells you to vote, you damn well go out there and vote.
PS: Is anybody else a little concerned that the PIB thinks the best way to show our ‘Festival of Democracy’ is with dragons flying around menacingly? Or maybe this is as accurate as it gets.
Phases 2-7 of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019
The PIB tweet is meant to encourage voters to take part in the remaining phases of the general election, which are scheduled as follows:
- 18 April: 97 constituencies in Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Manipur, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Puducherry.
- 23 April: 115 constituencies in Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu.
- 29 April: 71 constituencies in Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal.
- 6 May: 51 constituencies in Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal.
- 12 May: 59 constituencies in Bihar, Haryana, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Delhi.
- 19 May: 59 constituencies in Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, West Bengal, Chandigarh, Uttar Pradesh.
Game of Thrones Season 8
The first episode of season 8 premiered on Monday morning, and there’s lots to unpack about the episode, including [SPOILER ALERT] reunions for Arya and Sansa, dragon-flying for Jon Snow, uncomfortable conversations for Sam to have, Lyanna Mormont being cool as ever, and Cersei being Cersei.
You can check out all our coverage of the new season here.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.