Cobra Bites Chef 20 Minutes After Its Head Is Cut Off, Kills Him
Chef Peng Fan died after he was bit by the cobra, despite having beheaded it 20 minutes ago.
Deaths due to snake bites might be common, but a chef in China recently had a tragic incident where he was bitten by a snake after he cut off its head.
Chef Peng fan from Foshan, located in the Guangdong province of South China, was making a soup that is prepared from the meat of an Indochinese cobra snake. He first cut the cobra's head, set is aside and started preparing the soup. When he came back for the snake meat and to dispose the head, the cobra bit the chef in its only-head state, killing Chef Peng Fan.
Guests in the restaurant heard a lot of commotion before finding out what happened. By the time the police and the ambulance got there, Chef Peng Fan had already passed away.
It is common for cobras to be reactive for an hour after being beheaded. A policeman also said that this cobra's venom is particularly bad since it contains neurotoxins that can kill or paralyse someone within 30 minutes.
(With inputs from Dailyhunt).
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.