Ouch- Pune Man Says He Bit Glass Pieces In His Burger

Pune man finds glass pieces in his Burger King meal and gets hospitalised  

2 min read
Hindi Female

31-year-old Sajit Pathan was out for a casual lunch with his friends on 15 May when his fast food meal turned out to be a rapid health emergency.

Right after taking the first bite, Pathan complained of irritation in his throat and bleeding too, according to a report in India Today. Upon looking at his food, his friends said they observed glass pieces in his burger. Pathan was then rushed to the hospital where he was advised to be admitted to Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

Pune man finds glass pieces in his Burger King meal and gets hospitalised  
Sajit Pathan, 31, hospitalised
Photo: Mid-day
The moment I bit into my burger, I felt a sharp pain in my mouth. Soon my mouth was bleeding. I wiped my mouth with the tissue, but the blood wouldn’t stop. I even vomited a few times and blood came out with the vomit. We checked the burger in front of the outlet officials and found that there were several pieces of glass in it.
Sajid Pathan, as told to TOI

The doctors reportedly advised that the glass pieces will be eliminated from his body naturally through excretion and vomiting.

An FIR has been lodged under the Section 337 and Section 34 of the IPC at Deccan Gymkhana police station. "We have registered a complaint by the customer last Saturday (May 18) against Burger King. We are awaiting medical reports from the hospital before taking further steps," says investigating officer Inspector Deepak Lagad according to NDTV.

With inputs from NDTV and India Today

(At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Play an active role in shaping our journalism by becoming a member. Because the truth is worth it.)


Read Latest News and Breaking News at The Quint, browse for more from neon

Topics:  Junk Food   Accident   Burger King 

Speaking truth to power requires allies like you.
Become a Member
3 months
12 months
12 months
Check Member Benefits
Read More