Flipkart Now Reading: Great Weekend Reads For The Monsoon
With summer officially behind us, the Quint team—like so many of our readers—has books on its mind. Because, no matter the precautions you take to weatherproof yourself before you venture out in the rain, there may be days when you're stuck indoors, staring at the raindrops pitter-patter against your windowpane. Nothing completes such a lazy monsoon day in the balcony like a great book (and a cup of hot chocolate). To get you prepped for the best monsoon ever, here is our Flipkart Now Reading List for the month.
Book of the Month:
After a two-year-long hiatus in the Ram Chandra series, bestselling author Amish Tripathi brings the third book, ‘Raavan- Enemy of Aryavarta’. The book recounts Raavan’s story up until the moment he kidnaps Sita. It sheds light on darkness of the darkest kind. Is Raavan the greatest villain in history or just a man in a dark place, all the time?
Pre-order the book here.
Top Five Reads For The Month:
Book of the month aside, Badsha and Yagya have more suggestions coming your way. Here are their top 5 recommendations for the month.
- Gun Island by Amitav Ghosh: Gun Island is a beautifully realised novel which effortlessly spans space and time. It is the story of a world on the brink, of increasing displacement and unstoppable transition. But it is also a story of hope, of a man whose faith in the world and the future is restored by two remarkable women.
- Celestial Bodies by Johka Alharthi: The book follows the story of three sisters in Oman as the cultural landscape of the nation slowly evolves. The book confronts Oman's history of slavery, which was abolished in the country only in 1970. It is dotted with perspectives from characters who are considered marginal in Omani society.
- Super Century: What India Must Do to Rise By 2050 by Raghav Bahl: Bahl talks about how India's foreign and domestic agendas are inextricably intertwined, and neither can advance without the other. The book offers a cogent and candid assessment of how we got where we are and a clear blueprint of what we need to do, both at home and in the world going forward.
- Narsimha by Kevin Missal: Narasimha, once a brave soldier, has left the war and lies low as a physician in a village. But a familiar face from his past seeks his help to stop the tyranny of the blind usurper Andhaka. If Narasimha refuses, the world might just end. What will he do? Find out in the reimagining of the fourth Avatar of Lord Vishnu.
- Unlearn - 101 Simple Truths for A Better Life by Humble The Poet: Unlearn offers short, accessible, and counterintuitive lessons for reaching our full potential. The acclaimed rapper opens our eyes to our own lives, helping us to recognize the possibilities that await us and the challenges that prevent us from realizing our dreams. Profound in its simplicity, Unlearn is the perfect invitation to a new beginning and to pursue a life of fulfilment.
That’s it. We’re telling you no more. Watch the video right away, and visit Flipkart for all these books and more.
(Make sure you don't miss fresh news updates from us. Click here to stay updated )