Acidity Issues? Give These Yoga Asanas a Shot
Can’t digest your food? Try these three simple yoga asanas by Zubin Atre.
Thanks to the modern-day lifestyle and it’s fast pace, we tend to ignore getting a proper diet and exercise. And it is our digestive system that takes the hit. Are you struggling with digestive problems too – nausea, lack of appetite, acidity?
Here are some simple asanas you could try to ease the problem.
- Keeping your spine straight, sit between your heels.
- Drag your knees together and put both hands on top of them.
- With shoulders away from the ears, lift your chest and look in front.
- If you have knee issues, avoid this position.
- Place your hands on your knees, thighs or on top of one another.
- Focus on your breath.
- Place your hand on the navel and watch your breath.
- You can do this asana even after eating.
- Keep your right leg bent, move the left heel over the right knee.
- Bring the left knee towards the right shoulder. Bring it in as close as you can.
- Place the right elbow over the left knee and bring the right hand close to the body.
- Lift the spine.
- Use the right hand to lock the leg close to the right shoulder.
- If you want to go advanced, take the hand under the left foot.
- Look over the left shoulder.
- Hold the position and breathe.
- Breathe out and release.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Lay down on the tummy, bring the hands under the shoulders.
- Fingers are spread out and elbows are close to the body.
- As you push the body upwards, elbows come closer to the body.
- Chin is lifted and the lower back muscles are engaged.
- Notice the stretch between the chin and the navel.
- Breathe out and go back to the mat very gently.
- Repeat the asana three to four times, holding each position for two to three breaths.
- Shoulders remain open and wide, back is comfortable.
- If you feel a pinch, lower the body.
These are simple asanas which can help ease the stress on your digestive system allowing it to perform better. Include them in your daily routine and let’s us know if they work for you.
Editor: Ashish Maccune
Camera: Abhay Sharma, Anubhav Gupta
Producer: Rosheena Zehra
(Have you subscribed to FIT’s newsletter yet? Click here and get health updates directly in your inbox.)
(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.