Recipe: Chef Sadaf Hussain
Camera: Abhay Sharma and Shiv Kumar Maurya
Camera Asst: Sameeksha Mathur and Mayank Chawla
Editor: Kunal Mehra
Monsoon is here and so is the craving of deep fried pakodas and samosas. But no matter how much we want to feed our deep-fried cravings, the health factor always stops us.
Monsoon brings with it a series of infections and ailments. So, we bring to you a healthier and tastier option of our age-old favourite snack - samosa. Here’s how you satiate your monsoon munching craving without harming your health.
Chef Sadaf Hussain, past Masterchef contestant and food writer, brings to you a healthy variant of our beloved snack, the ‘Baked Samosa’. Below is the recipe.
- Multigrain flour 1 cup
- Refined oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Carom seeds 1 teaspoon
- Water as required
- Boiled potatoes 1 cup
- Green peas 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as required
For the dough:
- In a clean bowl, mix all the ingredients and pour enough water to knead a firm dough. Keep aside, covered for 15 minutes.
- Put some extra oil and knead again till smooth. Keep aside, covered with a wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions and roll out each portion in a small disc.
For the stuffing:
- Heat the ghee/oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Let it crackle and add ginger-garlic paste, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled potatoes, salt, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, green peas and coriander, mix well and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Cool it completely.
- Divide each chapati into two halves, make a cone from each half.
- Stuff each cone with a portion of the stuffing and seal the edges using a little water.
- Grease the baking tray and arrange all the samosa and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc for 20 to 25 minutes (or at 180’c for 10-12 mins in microwave convection).
- Serve with mint chutney or tomato sauce.
(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.
Liked this story? We'll send you more. Subscribe to The Quint's newsletter and get selected stories delivered to your inbox every day. Click to get started.
The Quint is available on Telegram & WhatsApp too, click to join.