‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Who’s Going to Die?
The trailer of Avengers: Infinity War has hit the internet and how. The 2-minute 20-second video has already hit over 34 million views on YouTube, giving an indication of how excited the online community and Marvel fans are about the film.
There’s been plenty of social media buzz around the superheroes on board Avengers: Infinity War and one of the popular speculations going around is about which superheroes are going to get knocked off by Thanos in the film.
Who’s Most Likely to Get Killed Off?
GQ has put out a listicle of superheroes in the film which points out who among the Avengers is “most likely” to die. They are placing their bets on the following names to be killed off:
- Vision: Since Thanos is after the Infinity Stones and since it’s literally embedded in Vision’s forehead (and keeping him alive) they deduce that Vision’s run is going to come to an end here.
- Captain America: The guys at GQ argue that Captain America has had a complete arc as an Avenger and he’s most likely to make amends with his former team members and pass on his shield to the Winter Soldier.
- Iron Man: As crazy as it sounds, the question asked is “How much longer can Marvel keep Robert Downey Jr. around?”. If Iron Man 3 could be treated as a swan song, it would be dramatic if Marvel killed off the superhero who started it all in Avengers: Infinity War.
Screenrant.com picks their favourites as:
- Captain America: Besides Chris Evans’ contract which is ending soon, they point out that a scene in which Captain America holds off Thanos till his last breath so that his friends escape would be a great send off for this Avenger. What do you think?
- Iron Man: Citing Robert Downey Jr’s age (52), Screenrant tells us that RDJ as Iron Man has already all that there is to be done and he most likely won’t renew his contract. So if the folks at Marvel are looking to make a great impact by killing off a big star, it would be Iron Man.
- Loki: Since Loki plays the selfish no good trickster, it might well be a good guess that he will be killed by Thanos.
CBR.com has another new name at the top of their list of “most likely deaths” in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Pepper Potts: Taking a hint from the start of the traiiler, CBR points out, “It’s hard to think of who else’s bloodied hand Tony Stark would hold while he’s doubled over with grief, so a surprise Thanos attack that incidentally claims Stark’s longtime love certainly seems just about a done deal”. Possible?
- Captain America: CBR predicts that Captain America will meet his end at the hands of Thanos, and his death will be a vital turning point in the Avengers’ battle against the super-villain. His end will serve a starting point for the final Phase Three movie too.
- Vision: You have seen the scene in the trailer of a Black Order member forcibly extracting the Mind Stone from Vision’s forehead. This, CBR assumes could well be the end of Vision in Avengers: Infinity War.
(The Quint is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Just go to TheQuint.com/WhatsApp and hit the Subscribe button.)