Over 1 L COVID-19 Cases in AP, Karnataka; US NSA Tests Positive
Catch all the live updates on the COVID-19 pandemic here.
The COVID-19 case tallies in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka crossed the 1-lakh mark on Monday, 27 July. In Andhra Pradesh, 6,051 new cases took the count to 1,02,349, while in Karnataka the tally stood at 1,01,465 with the addition of 5,324 new infections. Both the states have seen a surge in the number of coronavirus cases of lately.
According to the data by the Union Health Ministry put out earlier on Monday, India recorded the biggest one-day spike of 49,931 cases, taking its tally to 14,35,453, with the death toll standing at 32,771.
Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump's National Security Advisor, Robert O'Brien, has tested positive for COVID-19, news agency AFP reported, quoting the White House.
- Launching COVID-19 testing facilities in three cities on Monday, PM Modi said India is in a much better position than other countries in the fight against COVID-19
- The human clinical trial of anti-COVID vaccine ‘Covaxin’ has commenced at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM hospital in Bhubaneswar
- Tamil Nadu on Monday reported 6,993 new COVID-19 cases and 77 deaths, taking the tally in the state to 2,20,716
- Maharashtra reported 7,924 new COVID-19 cases and 227 fatalities, taking the tally in the state to 3,83,723.
- The Centre has said that India’s COVID-19 fatality rate is progressively falling, currently standing at 2.28%, while the recovery rate has improved to 64%
Mamata Thanks PM for Cooperation, But Slams 'Few People' Disturbing State Govt
West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee on Monday thanked PM Modi for his cooperation in tackling the COVID-19 crisis in the state, but alleged that "a few people holding constitutional posts" were disturbing the state government regularly, reported PTI.
Google Extends WFH for Employees Till 30 June 2021
Google on Monday said that it is extending the work from home facility for its employees globally, including in India, till 30 June 2021, as the number of coronavirus cases continue to rise at a fast pace in various countries.
"To give employees the ability to plan ahead, we are extending our global voluntary work from home option through 30 June 2021 for roles that don't need to be in the office," the company's CEO Sundar Pichai wrote in an email to staffers, reported PTI.
7,924 New Cases in Maharashtra; Tally Rises to Over 3.83 Lakh
Maharashtra on Monday reported 7,924 new COVID-19 cases and 227 fatalities, taking the tally in the state to 3,83,723.
Trump's NSA Robert O'Brien Tests COVID-19 Positive
US President Donald Trump's National Security Advisor, Robert O'Brien, has tested positive for COVID-19, news agency AFP reported, quoting the White House.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.