Three Siblings Fall Sick Allegedly After Consuming Frooti

Three children were hospitalised after they consumed Frooti, a popular mango-flavour drink.

1 min read

The Quint DAILY

For impactful stories you just can’t miss

By subscribing you agree to our Privacy Policy


Three children were hospitalised after they consumed Frooti, a popular mango-flavour drink in Kalapathar area in uttar pradesh, police said.

A case has been registered against the shop owner from whose outlet the mango drink was purchased, they said.

Three boys, all siblings aged below five, complained of vomiting and loose motions last night after consuming the fruit drink. They were admitted to a nearby hospital.

Following the complaint, police raided the shop and its adjacent godown and seized a stock of the mango-flavoured drink. According to the police, some samples have been sent to FSL and the food department to verify if it was adulterated.

Doctors treating the children said the boys, who were admitted in ICU, had complained of severe vomiting and loose motions. Their condition is now stable.

Further probe in the matter is on.

(Video Editor: Ashutosh Bhardwaj)

(At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Play an active role in shaping our journalism by becoming a member. Because the truth is worth it.)

Read Latest News and Breaking News at The Quint, browse for more from videos

Topics:  Food Poisoning   Expiration Date   Frooti 

Speaking truth to power requires allies like you.
Become a Member
3 months
12 months
12 months
Check Member Benefits
Read More
Stay Updated

Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!
More News