Rajasthan Crisis: What Next for Sachin Pilot and the Congress?
Several questions arise as another Congress-led state plunges into a crisis on account of its own leader.
The Quint DAILY
For impactful stories you just can’t miss
A key meeting of the Congress Legislature Party is underway at Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot's residence in Jaipur, a day after the Rajasthan government plunged into crisis with the rebellion of Deputy CM Sachin Pilot.
Earlier, in a briefing in the wee hours of Monday, 13 July, the state Congress in-charge Avinash Pande said that 109 MLAs have signed a letter expressing their trust and support to the government led by CM Gehlot, adding that a whip has been issued to all party MLAs to be mandatorily present at the Legislature Party meeting.
But as another Congress-led state plunges into a crisis on account of its own leader, several questions arise:
- What led Deputy CM Sachin Pilot to rebel against his own party and government?
- What role did the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) have to play in it?
- Will Pilot quit the Congress and join the BJP, or will he float his own party?
- To what extent can the Congress’ central leadership be held responsible for rebellions arising within the party in one state after another?
- What next for Sachin Pilot? Will he cause the downfall of the Ashok Gehlot-led Congress government in Rajasthan?
Join The Quint's Live on Facebook at 12:30 pm to know more.
(At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Play an active role in shaping our journalism by becoming a member. Because the truth is worth it.)
Read and Breaking News at the Quint, browse for more from videos and news-videos
Topics: Sachin Pilot Ashok Gehlot Rajasthan Crisis
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.