FB Live: CSDS Director on What to Expect in the UP Assembly Polls
Ever since the Election Commission announced the dates for Assembly Elections in five states (Uttar Pradesh, Manipur, Punjab, Goa and Uttarakhand), there has been intense speculation and analysis on which way will UP, the most populous state vote.
The Centre for the Study of Developing Studies (CSDS) survey puts Samajwadi Party in the lead in UP with 141 to 151 seats in the upcoming elections. This figure takes the SP’s vote share to 30 percent of the total.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) follows close behind, with the poll predicting that the party will win 124 to 134 seats (27 percent).
To understand the details of the survey The Quint gets in touch with the Director of CSDS, Sanjay Kumar and Editorial Director of The Quint, Sanjay Pugalia.
From discussing details on whether UP will witness a one-sided poll to the effects of note ban on parties, The Quint brings you all that you need to know about the survey.
Details of Assembly Polls
- • Seven-phase polling in Uttar Pradesh to be held from 11 February to 8 March
- • Two-phase polling in Manipur on 4 and 8 March
- • Single-phase polling in Goa and Punjab on 4 February
- • Single-phase polling in Uttarakhand on 15 February
- • Results for all five states to be announced on 11 March
Video Editor: Mohd Irshad Alam