Assembly Polls 2019: Will Khattar Govt Make a Comeback in Haryana?
Will Haryana give Khattar govt another chance? We’ll know on 24 October when the results are out.
Video Editor: Sandeep Suman
1,169 candidates will test their fate in 90 constituencies as Haryana goes to polls on 21 October.
Here’s all that you need to know about the Haryana Assembly polls:
- BJP, Congress and Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) are the key parties in this year's Haryana Assembly election.
- BJP and Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) parted ways ahead of the Haryana polls after its lone MLA from Kalanwali Assembly constituency switched to the saffron party
- Of the 90 seats, 17 are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 73 fall under General category.
- The state boasts of 1,82,98,714 voters
- There are a total of 45 candidates with criminal records of which 13 are from Congress, 12 are from BJP, 10 are from JJP, 7 are from INLD and 3 are from the ruling BJP.
- There are close to 304 crorepati candidates, of which 79 each are from BJP and Congress, 62 are from JJP, 50 are from INLD and 34 are from BSP.
The 2014 state election saw the BJP emerge victorious with 47 seats and after winning the Jind Assembly bypoll earlier this year, the party's strength rose to 48. In 2014 Congress was held back at 15 – a 25 percent drop in seats won. The INLD managed to get 18 seats.
Will Haryana see a repeat of 2014? Only results will tell on 24 October.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.