6 Questions Cong Asks FM Sitharaman After Her Millennial Remarks
Video Editor: Mohd Ibrahim
Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi took a jibe at Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman for her remarks that the automobile sector slowdown was triggered by factors like the mindset of millennials, who prefer cab-hailing apps over owning cars.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Tuesday, 10 September, said:
The Congress leader posed a few questions to Sitharaman. Here are some of his sarcastic questions:
- Landlords & millennials who go for rented accommodation responsible for recession in the real-estate market?
- Spendthrift home makers responsible for rising fiscal deficit?
- Family business responsible for unemployment?
- Growth in USA responsible for weakening rupee?
- Money lenders responsible for low FDI?
- Calculation methods used by researchers responsible for lower GDP?
Singhvi also had some serious questions to ask FM Sitharaman.
He questioned, “Is the finance minister more interested in cracking jokes and finding excuses instead of putting Indian at least on some sober path as far as the economy is concerned?”
The Congress, in a tweet, also attacked the government over a media report claiming that crores of stocks in investor wealth has been wiped off in the first 100 days of the Modi government's second term.
"Despite their promise of protecting wealth creators, the government's disastrous policies have wiped away Rs 12.5 lakh crore of investor wealth in the last 100 days. Unlike the FM's excuses, these are the real reasons for it: Demonetisation, GST, Tax Terrorism," the party said.
(With inputs from PTI)
(Make sure you don't miss fresh news updates from us. Click here to stay updated )