Dear Meghan Markle, Are You Ready for These Weird ‘Royal’ Rules?
There’s a royal wedding on the cards, as everyone knows by now. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who announced their engagement in late November 2017, are all set to have a big fat wedding on Saturday, 19 May.
It will be held at St George’s Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle, which is where Prince Harry was christened; it is also rumoured to be a special place for the couple.
The service is set to begin at 12 pm on Saturday. Approximately 2,640 lucky members of the public – charity workers, community champions and local school children – have been invited to watch the latest royal wedding. They will have a view of entire proceedings from within the walls of Windsor Castle.
- Rice never shows up on the dinner menu in the Buckingham Palace and nor do pasta or potatoes.
- Once the queen stops eating... you stop eating.
- Monopoly is forbidden in the royal household.
- At precisely 6pm the royal family women are supposed to change out of their hats and put on their tiaras at public events. And only the married women are allowed to wear tiaras.
- You can't wear garish colour nail polish for official ceremonies. It's got to be baby pink or nude shade. ONLY.
- Royal family members are not allowed to give autograph or take selfies with anyone.
- Garlic is banned because the Queen hates garlic
- Royal women need to pose with their chin parallel to the ground. They are even instructed to walk down stairs with their chins parallel to the ground and their hands by their sides.
- There are rules on how to hold a tea cup too. Pinch the tea cup handle with your index finger and thumb, while your middle finger secures the bottom.
(The Quint is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Just go to TheQuint.com/WhatsApp and hit send)
(The Quint is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Just go to TheQuint.com/WhatsApp and hit the Subscribe button.)