- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Pinch of saffron strands
- 400 gms Alphonso mango pulp
- 150 gms or two-third cup chilled whipping cream chilled (should be at least 30% fat or else it won’t whip up)
- 200 gms chilled condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 30 to 50 gms sifted icing sugar (this depends on sweetness of mangoes)
Warm the milk in a small bowl and add the saffron to it and stir. Set aside for it to cool and for saffron to leave its colour and flavour in the milk.
Puree the mango pulp until there aren’t any lumps.
Use a whisk attachment to whip the cream to soft peaks in a large, chilled bowl (no more than soft peaks or it will split if you are using dairy cream).
Add the mango pulp, condensed milk, saffron milk and vanilla extract to the whipped cream and whisk on low speed until it is all combined.
Taste it and accordingly add the icing sugar, as this will depend on the sweetness of the mangoes and whisk on low speed again to combine completely.
Pour into a 9inch-by-5inch loaf pan and wrap completely with plastic wrap
Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight, depending on your refrigerator and enjoy!