366 Days, 3 Million Followers: The Quint Turns One on Facebook
Happy birthday to us. Here’s to another year and another chance to scale new heights.
On 9 January last year, the buzz in the sparsely populated office was palpable. After generating a lot of content internally that went beyond news, The Quint’s team was gearing up to put it out for others to see. The preview channel was for our users to sample what we had to offer over the coming few weeks before we launched as TheQuint.com, a mobile-first, digital content platform.
The nervous energy among the few who stood huddled around a single Mac in the middle of the newsroom turned into euphoria when we hit the button that made us ‘live’ to the world.
A year later, we’ve left the diapers behind and are wearing our big boy pants. Here’s what we’ve been up to all this while:
- We launched our mobile-first website, where you’re reading this article.
- We started curating all the big news into easy-to-consume newsletters.
- Our live blogs give you blow-by-blow coverage of the big news of the day.
- We get you opinion from the who’s who on everything under the sun.
- We love satire, and we know you love it too, so we make sure you get ample doses of it.
- We review movies, cars, phone, books and anything else we can lay our hands on that we know you’d love to watch and read.
- We covered an entire eletion in Bihar, phase-by-phase, using only a smartphone and a selfie-stick.
- We tried our hand at long-format videos, like the one on the rise of radicalised Hindu fringe groups.
- We tried DeQoding everything, from Bigg Boss to the fall of the disputed structure in Ayodhya.
- We got you exclusive interviews with your favourite celebs, and boy, was it fun!
- We’re very social, so we did all this using all the social media platforms – Periscope, Twitter (80K followers), Vine, Facebook (of course!), Medium, Instagram...and our list is growing!
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.