Tech Tip: How to Block Notifications Popping up on Google Chrome
Google's web browser Chrome gives you an option to turn on notifications every time you visit a website. It also provides an option of turning on notifications for reminders, apps and extensions.
Sometimes, a user may click ‘yes’ by mistake when the pop-up asks if one wants to turn on notifications for a particular website.
Although browsing in incognito mode doesn't show notifications, how do we turn them off?
- Open Chrome on you computer
- Select the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the window and open settings.
- There is an 'Advanced' option right at the bottom, click it.
- Under the Privacy and Security heading, click Content Settings.
- Click the fifth option - Notifications.
- Choose to block notifications from specific websites.
- In order to block all notifications, Turn Off the Ask Before Sending option right at the top.
(Make sure you don't miss fresh news updates from us. Click here to stay updated )