Tech Tip: How to Block Notifications Popping up on Google Chrome
Google's web browser Chrome gives you an option to turn on notifications every time you visit a website. It also provides an option of turning on notifications for reminders, apps and extensions.
Sometimes, a user may click ‘yes’ by mistake when the pop-up asks if one wants to turn on notifications for a particular website.
Although browsing in incognito mode doesn't show notifications, how do we turn them off?
- Open Chrome on you computer
- Select the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the window and open settings.
- There is an 'Advanced' option right at the bottom, click it.
- Under the Privacy and Security heading, click Content Settings.
- Click the fifth option - Notifications.
- Choose to block notifications from specific websites.
- In order to block all notifications, Turn Off the Ask Before Sending option right at the top.