Reliance Jio GigaFiber Broadband: How to Register Your Interest
Registration for the Jio’s GigaFiber broadband service can be submitted on Jio.com.
Reliance Jio announced the launch of its optical-fiber broadband service, Jio GigaFiber at this year’s Annual General Meeting.
GigaFiber aims to connect up to 50 million Indian homes to the internet. As the trials of the service are already underway, the company has opened up its registration page on Jio.com where you can show your interest for Jio’s broadband service.
This will be an interest registration - meaning that the cities that receive the most number of registrations will be prioritised.
Reliance Jio has been conducting trials for the broadband service and will be rolling out the service sometime around November, looking to cash in on the festive season.
How to Register for Jio GigaFiber
Registrations for the fiber broadband service will start on 15 August. Interested users can register for the service on Reliance Jio website by clicking on the banner as seen below.
Jio said that the areas with the highest number of registrations will be given preference. In the first phase, the company plans to roll out the service in 1,100 cities.
There have been reports of GigaFiber plans being launched from as low as Rs 500. Trak.in has revealed a list of possible GigaFiber plans but these are just speculations since the company has not revealed anything about the plans yet.
Here are the speculative plans:
- Rs 500: At Rs 500, Jio will offer 300 GB of data at a speed of 50Mbps. According to the leak, the speed will drop after crossing FUP limit.
- Rs 750: The Rs 750 plan, according to the leak will give customers 450GB of data at a speed of 50Mbps. This will be valid till 30 days.
- Rs 999: The 999 plan, according to rumours will offer unlimited data at a speed of 100Mbps. The plan will be limited to a usage of 600GB and after that, there will be a drop in the speed.
- Rs 1,299: Jio will offer unlimited data (up to 750GB) at 100Mbps and will be again valid for 30 days as well.
- Rs 1,500: This is rumoured to be the most expensive plan and will provide 900GB of data at a speed of 100Mbps.
It’ll be interesting to see how Reliance Jio prices its broadband plans, that will also include a seperate router which is reported to cost around Rs 4,000
(With inputs from Trak.in)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.