Here’s How You Can Recharge Your Metro Card Online
Here are different ways you can recharge your Metro Card for Indian cities online.
These days everything is online. We don’t have to stand in long queues to buy train tickets nor to pay water or electricity bills. Even food is delivered right at our doorsteps with just one click on our smartphones.
The Delhi Metro is like the lifeline of the city. It helps numerous people travel across the different parts of the capital without having to deal with the dreaded traffic on the roads.
Those who travel via metro daily, metro cards make their lives easier. They do not have to deal with the hassle of buying tickets. It also saves a lot time while going to and fro for work, school or college everyday.
Steps To Recharge Metro Card Online
Metro cards can be easily recharged online without having to go to the counter. Here’s how you can get the benefit of it:
- Visit www.dmrcsmartcard.com (Official website of Delhi Rail Corporation Limited)
- Enter your Card ID and the amount in the Quick Top Up section on the homepage
- Press Continue
- You will be directed to a new page
- Enter your email-ID and select the payment mode from the given options – Credit Card, Debit card, net banking or wallet
- Two options will appear on the screen – Powered by ICICI bank or powered by Paytm
- Select your option and click on 'Check Out' button.
- If you select the card payment option, you will have to enter your credit card number, expiry date, CVV and name on the card.
- Click on 'Pay Now' option after entering all the details.
A confirmation mail regarding your payment being successful will be sent to you. Now you just have to visit the "added-value machine" (AVM) also called a card recharge machine at any metro station to complete the transaction.
How To Complete Transaction Via AVM
- Show your card in the AVM
- Tap on top up option.
- A text will appear 'top up is available'.
- Tap on 'valid' option in order to complete the recharge process.
Metro Card: Benefits
- Travelling using a metro card gives you a discount each time you travel through the metro.
- Passengers do not have to wait in long queues to get their tickets daily.
- Metro cards can be used by your friends and family members as well when they travel.
- You can also use your metro card for travelling in DTC buses.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.