An Average User Consumes 9.8GB of Data Per Month: Hotstar Report
Hotstar has released its annual consumer report where it highlights growth that the platform has seen in the last 12 months.
This year has been remarkable for Hotstar considering it garnered more than 400 million downloads in 2019 and also was playing host to almost 25.3 million concurrent viewers during this year’s ICC World Cup semi-final.
Here’s a look at some interesting highlights and key findings from Hotstar’s annual report.
Hotstar Report 2019 Highlights
- Hotstar app has more than 400 million downloads in India.
- An average consumer uses 9.8GB of data per month.
- It has 2-times more installs than last year with 555 installs per minute.
- Video consumption on Hotstar has been three-times more than last year.
- 95 percent of video consumption on Hotstar comes from mobile phones.
- Xiaomi, Samsung, and Vivo phones are the top three devices used to watch content.
- Android TV, Amazon FireTV, and Samsung’s Tizen are the top three TV operating systems used to watch Hotstar content.
- There has been 4-times growth in viewers for connected TV since last year.
It is no surprise that Xiaomi devices are leading the segment in terms of most phones used to watch content. It offers the most affordable smartphones with value-for-money features. It is also the smartphone brand with the most market share in India.
Since smartphones and mobile devices have become affordable, it has helped the video entertainment ecosystem in India evolve at a rapid rate. With easily accessible data and consumption increasing in India, you can expect the OTT ecosystem to flourish and break more records in the days to come.
(The Quint is now available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)