Here’s What Indians are Doing on Instagram
Indians on Instagram are mobile-first with more than 80% using their phone to take pictures to post on social media.
Indians on Instagram are mostly young, mobile-first users with high spending power, according to a study that revealed insights for the first time about the Insta community in India.
Instagram users have grown to more than 400 million this year. Among the last 100 million to join, more than half live in Asia and Europe.
According to the study, Indians use Instagram to express themselves artistically, follow celebrity trends, discover information and updates on new trends, discover and share food and travel options, and connect with friends.
The Quint has now been on Instagram for a month and we have also seen a sudden surge in similar trends. Our Instagram handle now has about 21K followers, looking mostly for news.
Highlights: “Indians on Instagram” Study by Nielsen
- Indians on Instagram are mobile-first with more than 80% using their phones to take pictures to post on social media.
- The most active Instagrammers are between the ages 18 and 24.
- Indian Instagrammers are avid travellers, 50% of whom have taken four vacations in the past year.
- Over 50% of Indian Instagrammers have frequently purchased products and services from the brands they follow. They also follow brands to keep in touch with the latest products, learn about deals and shop for products online.
- Key interests include music, travel, food, photography, technology, fashion and sports.
Instagram is the creative canvas for a young, passionate and mobile-first Indian community. People come to Instagram for visual inspiration and we are thrilled to offer solutions that create value for the Indian community and drive consequential business results for businesses of all sizes.Kirthiga Reddy, Managing Director, Facebook India
In September 2015, Instagram opened its platform to businesses of all sizes around the world and rolled out its suite of advertising solutions.
Instagram recently enhanced ad formats, targeting and buying options in an attempt to help advertisers achieve the results they want.
In India, advertisers on Instagram include P&G, Nestle, Paper Boat, Grofers, TrulyMadly Matchmakers, Sportskeeda and more.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.