Google Offers 2GB of Free Storage on Safer Internet Day
Google is offering 2GB of free storage for your account on Safer Internet Day.
If you’re running out of space on your Google account, then you’re in luck. The search giant has engaged in Safer Internet Day 2016 giving everyone the chance to add 2GB to their Google accounts.
This isn’t the first time Google has bestowed storage goodies on its users, and unlike what most of you think, there’s no hidden agenda behind this offering. Instead, you get a complete security work-up of your account. So, if you’re game, then here’s what you need to do to get the free 2GB space for your Gmail and Drive.
Follow These Steps to Get 2GB Free Storage:
- Head to Account section from Google and sign-in with your credentials
- You will see Security Checkup option mentioned on this page (see image above)
- Take the 3-step survey and actively select the options mentioned on the page
- Once you’re done with the survey, press Continue
- Open your Gmail account or refresh the page and you’ll find 2GB added to your account (storage increases from 15GB to 17GB)
Here’s What You Do in the Security Checkup
- Add/Change contact details for recovery on Google
- Check the devices that have been activated with your Google account
- Revise the apps that get permission to access your account information
However, you need to keep in mind that we’re not sure as to when this free storage will be available as Google does not mention it.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.