Volkswagen Launches Polo, Vento and Ameo Crest Editions
The special editions are largely cosmetic updates on the original models of these cars.
Volkswagen India has introduced the ‘Crest’ special editions of its bread and butter models – the Vento sedan and Polo hatchback, along with the Ameo compact sedan. While we’ve seen many special editions of the Polo and Vento, this is the first limited-run model of the Ameo. The Crest editions of the Polo, Vento and the Ameo, are available at monthly EMIs of Rs 10,999, Rs 14,999 and Rs 11,999, respectively.
- All the three cars have the Crest badge on their C-pillars
- They come with a contrasting black roof, a black side foil and glossy black bottom applique on the boot lid
- The Polo has a black roof-mounted spoiler, while the Vento features a black lip spoiler
- Textile mats and branded door sills
- Faux leather seat covers with an embossed Crest badge and diamond quilted stitching
- Detachable sun blinds
While all variants of the Ameo can be had with the Crest kit, it is limited to the Comfortline and Highline grades of the Polo and is exclusive to the Highline variant of the Vento.
As is the case with most special editions, all the three cars remain mechanically unaltered. The Polo and the Ameo are available with a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol and a 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine. The Vento, on the other hand, comes with the choice of a 1.2-litre four-cylinder turbo and 1.6-litre naturally-aspirated petrol motors, along with a 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel.
(CarDekho is one of the leading automobile portals in India, part of GirnarSoft. The site offers in-depth analysis, comparisons and reviews of the latest car launches in the country.)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.