Five Things You Need to Know About Yamaha’s Latest: YZF-R3
Yamaha Motors launched sports bike ‘YZF-R3’ today. Here are five things you need to know about Yamaha’s latest
Yamaha India launched its latest sports bike ‘YZF-R3’ today in the Indian market.
The new R3 model will be assembled at India Yamaha Motor’s plant from the completely knocked down (CKD) sets.
Here are five things you should know about Yamaha’s latest motorcycle in India.
1. The R3 has a new 321cc twin cylinder, liquid-cooled engine.
2. The engine will deliver 42PS of power and 29.6Nm of torque and will come mated to a constant mesh, 6-speed transmission.
3. YZF-R3 uses R-series technology which includes a direct-drive camshaft, forged pistons, carburised con rods, low-friction cylinders.
4. It is priced at Rs 3.25 lakh (ex-showroom price Delhi).
5. The YZF-R3 will be available at select authorised Yamaha dealerships in two colours - racing blue and black lightning.
Yamaha Motor India reported 16.5 per cent increase in domestic sales during July 2015 at 58,591 units, as against 50,286 units sold in the same month last year.
Exports during the month stood at 16,689 units as against 15,654 units in the year-ago month, up 6.6 per cent, the company said in a statement.
The company’s new scooter - ‘Fascino’- and 125 cc bike Yamaha Saluto, have been key in boosting the sales.
(With PTI inputs)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.