Automakers On Course For Double-Digit Sales Growth in February
Indian automakers are likely to post double-digit sales growth in February, according to a BloombergQuint survey.
India automakers are likely to post double-digit sales growth in February, according to a BloombergQuint survey of 35 dealers across the country. Reasons: improved domestic demand, new launches and a low base effect.
Takeaways From The Auto Dealers’ Survey
- January and February are reasonably good months
- Swift 2018 being received very well and bookings are coming in hot
- Swift Dzire, Brezza continue to remain among the top selling models
- In NEXA segment, Brezza and S-Cross have highest waiting period of almost 3-4 months
Mahindra & Mahindra
- Metros and south region are slow, rest doing well
- Balero and Scorpio selling better than others
- XUV500 sales are slow
- Strong month across the board for sales
- Focus on premium products
- Top sellers: Tiago in the hatchback and Nexon in the SUV space
- Low base of last year aided sales
- Focus continues to remain on premium bikes
- Still lags TVS Motor in the scooter
- Maestro Edge and 125cc Duet reducing the gap
- Newly launched 125cc scooter NTORQ
- Priced aggressively in the range of Rs 55,000-60,000.
- Seeing healthy pickup in demand
- Strong growth seen in the entry segment
- Domestic volumes to pickup after launch of new Discover and Avenger bikes
(This article was first published on BloombergQuint and has been republished with permission.)
(Hey lady, what makes you laugh? Do you laugh at sexism, patriarchy, misogyny, or other 'sanskari' stereotypes? This Women's Day, join The Quint's Ab Laugh Naari campaign. Pick up that beer, say cheers, and send us photographs or videos of you laughing out loud at email@example.com.)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.