IPL Auction to Be Held in Kolkata on 19 December: Report
The trading window for IPL 2020 will close on 14 November.
The auction for the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League will be held on 19 December, and for the first time in the history of the tournament, it will take place in Kolkata, reported ESPNCricinfo. The trading window for IPL 2020 will close on 14 November.
This year's auction is the last one before the franchises disband next year and prepare to assemble fresh squads from 2021 at a mega auction.
For the upcoming edition, all the franchises were originally allotted Rs 85 crore to build their teams. However, according to the report, every franchise will also have an additional budget of Rs 3 crore in addition to the balance in their kitties from the last auction.
In 2018, the last big auction took place in January when franchises were allowed to retain five players before building new squads.
IPL Teams Balance
- Delhi Capitals: Rs 8.2 crore
- Rajasthan Royals: Rs 7.15 crore
- Kolkata Knight Riders: Rs 6.05 crore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: Rs 5.3 crore
- Kings XI Punjab: Rs 3.7 crore
- Chennai Super Kings: Rs 3.2 crore
- Mumbai Indians: Rs 3.05 crore
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: Rs 1.8 crore
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.