13 Big Stats from India’s 6 Wickets Victory Over New Zealand
Dinesh Karthik scored his ninth half century.
Tight bowling and fifties from Shikhar Dhawan and Dinesh Karthik helped India secure a series-levelling six-wickets victory against New Zealand in the second one-day international on Wednesday.
Opener Dhawan top-scored with 68 and Karthik remained not out on 64 down the order as the hosts reached the 231-run victory target with four overs to spare at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium.
Below are the big stats from the match.
- India have recorded their 50th win out of 100 ODIs played vs New Zealand (Lost 44, Tied 1 and NR 5) - success % 53.15.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar (3/45) has recorded his best bowling figures vs New Zealand in ODIs, eclipsing the 1 for 38 at Napier on January 19, 2014.
- Kumar has got his fourth Man of the Match award in ODIs - his first vs New Zealand. The said Man of the Match award is his first on Indian soil in ODIs.
- Indian fast bowlers captured six wickets - 3 by Kumar, 2 by Bumrah and one by Hardik Pandya. The last occasion when Indian fast bowlers bagged six wickets or more in an ODI in India was - eight wickets vs Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens, Kolkata on November 13, 2014 - 4 for 34 by Dhawal Kulkarni; 2 for 38 by Umesh Yadav & 2 for 55 by Stuart Binny.
- Tim Southee has captured Rohit Sharma's wicket five times. Only Sri Lankan Angelo Matthews has bagged his wicket most often than Southee - 7 times in 27 ODIs.
- Dinesh Karthik has posted his ninth fifty - 64 not out off 92 balls.
- The aforesaid knock is his second highest in ODIs on Indian soil next only to his career-best 79 vs South Africa at Gwalior on February 24, 2010.
- In a winning cause, Karthik is averaging 41.24 - his tally being 1031 in 39 innings, including nine fifties. His all nine fifty-plus innings resulted in Indian victories in ODIs.
- Trent Boult (10-0-54-0) went wicketless against India in ODIs for the second time - the first instance being 10-0- 73-0 at Mohali on October 23, 2016.
- Shikhar Dhawan's excellent innings of 68 off 84 balls is his first half century in six ODIs vs New Zealand.
- Overall, the above innings is his 22nd fifty in ODIs.
- In the course of his match-winning knock, he became the 23rd batsman to complete 1,000 runs for India in ODIs in India - his aggregate being 1045 (ave. 43.54) in 25 matches, including three centuries and 7 fifties.
- Henry Nicholls (42) has posted his highest score in a losing cause in ODIs.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.