Records Tumble After Virat Kohli’s Classy 94 Not Out vs Windies
Here is a look at some of the interesting numbers and stats from the Hyderabad T20I between India and West Indies
India captain Virat Kohli on Friday bettered his personal best in the shortest format of the game to lead his team to a memorable six-wicket win over the West Indies in the first T20I at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad.
After the West Indies posted an imposing 207/5, Kohli's unbeaten 94 off 50 balls including six sixes and four boundaries helped India get to 209 with eight balls and six wickets to spare.
Many records were made and broken in this high scoring game in Hyderabad.
Here is a look at some of the interesting numbers and statistics from the Hyderabad T20 international between India and West Indies:
- Kohli has registered his career-best score in T20Is - 94 not out off 50 balls. His previous highest was an unbeaten 90 against Australia at Adelaide on January 26, 2016.
- Kohli has posted 23 fifties in T20Is, surpassing Rohit Sharma's tally of 22 fifty-plus innings (four hundreds and eighteen fifties).
- Kohli is averaging 51.91 in T20Is - the highest among the batsmen with at least 20 innings.
- Kohli's magnificent average of 120.90 while chasing successfully is unparallel in the history of T20Is - his tally being 1209 in 26 innings, including 13 fifties.
- Kohli's 12th Man of the Match award in T20Is is his first against the West Indies. He has equalled a world record held by Afghanistan's Mohammed Nabi.
- India have won seven matches in succession against West Indies in T20Is - between November 4, 2018 and December 6, 2019.
- India have won nine matches and lost five out of 15 T20Is contested against West Indies - winning % 64.28 (NR 1).
- India's total of 209 for four is their second highest score in a successful chase in T20Is, next only to the 211 for four at Mohali on December 12, 2009.
- In the Mohali T20I, India had chased Sri Lanka's 206 for seven while in Hyderabad, India have chased West Indies' score of 207 for five.
- Lokesh Rahul's seventh fifty in T20Is is his first against West Indies. He has recorded two hundreds as well in this format - one each against the West Indies and England.
- Both Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, with four fifty-plus innings, share a record for most fifties in T20Is involving India and West Indies.
- West Indies (207/5) have recorded their second highest total against India in T20Is - their highest remains the 245 for six at Lauderhill on August 27, 2016.
- In all, five totals of 200-plus have been posted against India on Indian soil - two by Sri Lanka and one each by Australia, South Africa and West Indies. West Indies' aforesaid score at Hyderabad is the second highest next only to the 215 for five by Sri Lanka at Nagpur on December 9, 2009.
- Even Lewis' strike rate of 235.29 while scoring 40 off 17 balls is the highest by any batsman against India in India in T20Is (minimum qualification 40 runs) - the second highest overall against India next only to West Indian Johnson Charles' 239.39 during his innings of 79 off 33 balls at Lauderhill on August 27, 2016.
- Evin Lewis is the first player to complete 25 sixes against India in T20Is, eclipsing the 23 by Shane Watson (Australia).
- Shimron Hetmyer (56) has registered his first fifty in T20Is, eclipsing the 26 off 21 balls vs India at Chepauk, Chennai on November 11, 2018.
- Before the commencement of the present series, Hetmyer was averaging 11.35 in T20Is. With his first fifty in this format, he is averaging 14.33.
- Fifteen sixes were recorded in West Indian innings - the most by them against India in a T20I on Indian soil. The said tally is the most by a team against India in India in T20Is.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.