Records Broken by Team India & Deepak Chahar’s 6/7 in Nagpur T20I
A look at all the records broken in the India vs Bangladesh Nagpur T20I on Sunday.
Deepak Chahar took six wickets for seven runs as India beat Bangladesh by 30 runs in the third and final T20I to win the closely fought series 2-1 on Sunday.
Chasing a winning target of 175, Bangladesh was bowled out for 144 in 19.2 overs. Medium-fast bowler Chahar needed only 3.2 overs to destroy Bangladesh, including the last three wickets.
Here’s a look at some of the records broken on the day, most of them by Chahar himself.
- Deepak Chahar (6/7) has recorded his best bowling figures in T20Is. His splendid figures are the best by a bowler in T20Is, surpassing the 6 for 8 by Sri Lanka's Ajantha Mendis vs Zimbabwe at Hambantota on September 18, 2012. Yuzvendra Chahal's figures were the previous best by an Indian bowler - 6 for 25 vs England at Bengaluru on February 1, 2017.
- Chahar became the first Indian bowler to record a hat-trick in Twenty20 Internationals. In all, 12 hat-tricks have been registered in T20Is. Sri Lanka's Lasith Malinga remains the only to perform two hat-tricks - one each vs Bangladesh and New Zealand.
- Chahar's heroics on Sunday took his series tally to 8 wickets for 56 runs in 10.2 overs.
- KL Rahul posted his highest score vs Bangladesh in T20Is, eclipsing the 24 at Colombo (RPS) on March 18, 2018.
- Rahul (52 off 35 balls) scored his highest score in T20Is this year, bettering the 50 vs Australia at Visakhapatnam on 24 February, 2019. In all, he has registered two hundreds and six fifties.
- Shikhar Dhawan extended his mediocre run in T20Is this year - his 19 in Nagpur took his tally to 272 runs at an average of 22.66 in 12 games.
- Rahul and Iyer were involved in a stand of 59 - India's second-highest for the third wicket vs Bangladesh in T20Is, behind the 68 between Shikhar Dhawan and Suresh Raina at Colombo (RPS) on March 8, 2018.
- Shreyas Iyer played a stand-out innings of 62 off 33 balls - his maiden half century in T20Is, surpassing the 30 vs Sri Lanka at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai on December 24, 2017.
- For the second time in an international innings, Shreyas recorded five sixes - five sixes and three fours during his ODI innings of 65 off 41 balls vs West Indies at Port of Spain on August 14, 2019 and 62 off 33 balls, including five sixes and three fours during his T20 innings against Bangladesh at Nagpur on November 10, 2019.
- Mustafizur Rahman (4-0-42-0) has recorded his worst figures against India in T20Is, eclipsing the 4-0-40-0 at Dhaka on February 24, 2016.
- Mohammad Naim (81) posted his maiden fifty in T20Is, surpassing the 36 vs India at Rajkot on 7 November, 2019. His excellent innings is the highest by a Bangladeshi batsman against India in this format.
- Mohammad Naim and Mohammad Mithun shared a stand of 98 runs for the third wicket - the highest stand for any wicket for Bangladesh vs India in T20Is, eclipsing the 65 for the fifth wicket between Mushfiqur Rahim and Sabbir Rahman at Colombo (RPS) on March 14, 2018.
- Shivam Dube (3/30) recorded his best bowling performance in T20Is.
- Chahal (50 at 21.34 in 34 matches) became the third Indian bowler to complete 50 wickets in T20Is, joining Ashwin (52) and Bumrah (51). He is the quickest to achieve the feat for India.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.