All the Records From India’s Historic T20I Loss Against Bangladesh
Bangladesh have registered their first victory in nine T20I matches against India.
Wicketkeeper-batsman Mushfiqur Rahim scored a brilliant half-century as Bangladesh registered their first ever T20I victory against India in Delhi on Sunday, 3 November.
In what was the 1000th T20 International, Bangladesh came out with an all-round performance as they defeated India by seven wickets at the Arun Jaitley Stadium to take 1-0 lead in the three-match series.
Needing 149 to break the streak of eight straight losses against India, Bangladesh rode on an unbeaten 60 (43 balls, 4x8, 6x1) by Mushfiqur to chase down the target with three balls to spare.
Here’s a look at the big stats and figures from the first T20 International between India and Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh have registered their first victory in nine T20I matches against India.
- India's 148 for six is their second lowest total against Bangladesh behind the 146 for seven at Bengaluru on 23 March 2016.
- Rohit, with 99 matches, has become the most capped player for India in T20Is, bettering MS Dhoni's tally of 98.
- Rohit Sharma's tally of 365 (ave.40..55) in nine matches, including four fifties, is the highest in T20Is involving India and Bangladesh.
- Sharma's tally of 2452 (ave 31.84) in 99 matches is a new record in T20Is, surpassing Virat Kohli's aggregate of 2450 (ave 50.00) in 72 matches.
- Sri Lanka's Ranjan Madugalle is just the second match referee after New Zealand's Jeff Crowe (119) to race to 100 matches in T20Is.
- The Delhi game between India and Bangladesh is cricket's history 1000th T20I.
- Washington Sundar's unbeaten innings of 14 is his highest in T20Is, obliterating the 8 not out vs West Indies at Lauderhill on 3 August 2019. For the first time, he has posted two sixes in a T20I.
- The unbroken partnership of 28 between Krunal Pandya and Washington Sundar is an Indian record for the seventh wicket against Bangladesh in T20Is, eclipsing the 20 between MS Dhoni and Ravindra Jadeja at Bengaluru on 23 March 2016.
- Mohammad Naim (26) has posted his highest score in Twenty20, bettering the 25 not out off 23 balls for Dhaka Dynamites vs Sylhet Sixers at Mirpur on 12 January 2019.
- Soumya Sarkar (39) has recorded his highest score against India in T20Is, outstripping the 21 against India at Bengaluru on 23 March 2016.
- Mushfiqur Rahim (60 not out) has posted his fifth fifty in T20Is – his second against India.
- Rahim has recorded his second fifty in a winning cause – his first being 72 not out against Sri Lanka at Colombo (RPS) on 10 March 2018.
- Rahim's fourth Man of the Match award in T20Is is his first against India.
- Mushfiqur Rahim and Soumya Sarkar put on 60 – Bangladesh's highest third-wicket partnership against India in T20Is.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.