India World’s Most Investment Friendly Economy: PM Ends BRICS Tour
BRICS economies together comprise 42 percent of the world’s population and 23 percent of the global GDP.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday, 15 November landed in New Delhi after the conclusion of the 11th BRICS summit in Brazil.
Addressing the plenary session at the summit, PM Modi said that there was a need to focus on trade and investment among the countries as intra-trade among the BRICS nations alone account to 15 percent of world trade.
The summit focussed on strengthening ties among the five major economies in the areas of digital economy, science and technology.
- BRICS is the acronym coined for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- These economies together comprise 42 percent of the world’s population and 23 percent of the global GDP
- This will be the sixth time PM Modi will be participating in the BRICS summit
PM to Hold Bilateral Meetings With Putin, Xi, Bolsonaro at BRICS
The 11th BRICS summit will focus on strengthening ties among the world's five major economies in key areas such as digital economy, science and technology, and also build mechanisms for counter-terrorism cooperation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday, PTI reported.
He said he will also meet Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro to discuss the bilateral strategic partnership between the two nations.
The prime minister is also scheduled to hold bilateral meetings with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese Premier Xi Jinping as well, according to the news agency.
PM Modi left for Brazil on Tuesday afternoon and will be in the country on 13-14 November.
PM Modi's Schedule on Day 1 of BRICS Summit
Here’s Prime Minister Modi’s schedule on the first day of the two-day BRICS summit in Brasilia (all times local):
- 2:00 pm: Meeting with Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation
- 3:00 pm: Meeting with Jair Messias Bolsonaro, President of the Federative Republic of Brazil
- 3:45 pm : Meeting with Xi Jinping, President of the People’s Republic of China
- 5:25 pm: BRICS Business Forum Closing Ceremony at the International Convention Centre of Brazil.
- 8:00 pm: Cultural Presentation
- 8:30 pm: Welcome dinner hosted by Jair Messias Bolsonaro, President of the Federative Republic of Brazil
PM Modi Arrives in Brasilia
Prime Minister arrives in Brasilia for the 11th BRICS Summit.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.