PIA Crash: All 47 Aboard Reported Dead, Blackbox Recovered
The aircraft went off radar near Havelian on its way to Islamabad.
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) aircraft ATR-42 crash: 42 people, 5 crew members killed.
- Famous pop singer-turned-Islamic preacher Junaid Jamshed and 3 foreigners among dead.
- The aircraft went off radar near Havelian, a hilly region in Abbottabad at 4:30 pm.
- The flight was flying from Chitral to Islamabad.
- PIA recovered the blackbox from crash site but cause of crash remained unknown.
Rescue Efforts are Underway: PIA
PIA has revealed that it has recovered the black box of the aircraft from the crash site and it is working towards ascertaining the cause behind the crash. It further added that rescue operations also remain underway.
36 Bodies Recovered from Crash Site
Pakistan Army’s military media wing, ISPR has said that 21 bodies have been recovered so far in the rescue operation being carried out by over 500 Pakistani Army personnel.
The army has revealed that all burnt bodies will be shifted to Ayub Medical Teaching Hospital Abbottabad, according to PDMA Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
Crew of Flight PK 661
Flight 661 which crashed in Havelian went down with five crew members who according to media reports are feared dead in the crash.
All Bodies Burned Beyond Recognition: Govt Official
Taj Muhammad Khan, a government official from the Havelian region speaking to Reuters has said that there are likely no survivors from the crash.
All of the bodies are burned beyond recognition. The debris is scattered...the aircraft has crashed in a mountainous area, and before it hit the ground it was on fire.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.