After Meeting OPS, Sasikala, TN Guv Briefs President and PMO
The ongoing tussle in Tamil Nadu’s ruling AIADMK party has manifested into a full-blown public feud.
- All members and arms of AIADMK support me, says Sasikala
- Tamil Nadu Governor C Vidyasagar Rao met Panneerselvam and Sasikala within a gap of two hours
- The Governor has reportedly briefed the President, PMO and MHA
- Sasikala visited Jayalalithaa’s memorial prior to the meeting
- Top AIADMK MLAs switched sides to stand with Panneerselvam
- Panneerselvam, who was sacked as the party treasurer, has written to two banks, asserting his position
- Sasikala said she’s not afraid of a probe into Amma’s death
Meeting With Guv Was Positive, Says MLA Pandiarajan
Avadi MLA, K Pandiarajan, said the meeting with the Governor was a positive one, reports The News Minute. Pandiarajan is in the Sasikala camp.
Meeting with Governor was very positive. We are also awaiting word from him. Chinnamma spent some time alone with him of course, but it was very positive. We have given letter stating 134 MLAs’ support. The Speaker can’t be included.
'All Members and Arms of AIADMK Support Me'
The AIADMK official Twitter handle has released a statement:
I met the Governor and conveyed to him that all AIADMK MLAs have elected me as the leader of the Legislature Party, presented a letter to the Governor. All members and arms of AIADMK support me.
Sasikala’s nephew, TTV Dinakaran, who is not an MLA, was also at the meeting.
TN Guv Briefs President, PMO and MHA
While there is still no clarity on who will form a government in Tamil Nadu, media reports say Governor Vidyasagar Rao has sent a brief to the President, PMO and HMO, after meeting both contenders.
According to India Today reporter, Shiv Aroor, the Governor has ruled out President's Rule in Tamil Nadu. His brief to the Centre reportedly says he needs to study claims made by both sides.
'Chinamma Stakes Claim to Form Government'
Even as Sasikala’s meeting with the governor was on, the official AIADMK handle tweeted saying she had staked claim to form a government in Tamil Nadu.
Her meeting with the governor lasted longer than OPS’. She is now back at her residence in Poes Garden.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.