Live: PM Modi Congratulates Palanisamy on Taking Over as TN CM
AIADMK sources say the invitation might be to form Tamil Nadu government.
- Sasikala’s loyalist E Palanisamy is the new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- His cabinet has 30 other ministers, excluding TTV Dinakaran
- He will face a trust vote on Saturday, to prove his majority in the state legislature
- Outgoing CM OPS said: “We won’t let Sasikala’s family control AIADMK”
- Sasikala surrendered on Wednesday evening and is lodged in Bengaluru Central Jail
'The People Have Not Accepted This Govt', Says Panneerselvam
Outgoing Chief Minister O Panneerselvam visited Jayalalithaa’s memorial to pay tribute. Speaking to the media at Marina Beach, he said:
I took a vow at her memorial that we will install her government again. It is an unfortunate situation that has arisen. The government that took over today is an anti-people government. We will not rest till this anti-people government is dislodged and Amma’s rule is once again established.
Vote of Confidence in TN Assembly to Be Taken on 18 February
The Tamil Nadu assembly will convene on Saturday, 18 February, for the vote of confidence. The newly sworn in Chief Minister, Palanisamy, will have to prove his majority in the state legislature.
MK Stalin Congratulates New Govt
DMK’s Executive President, MK Stalin congratulates the new Tamil Nadu government.
I congratulate the new government. Hope it won’t function under the control of Sasikala, who’s in Bengaluru jail. The Chief Minister should remember his oaths.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.