Nitish Makes Lalu’s Son the Deputy CM, Retains Home & Personnel
Bihar portfolios declared. Top cabinet positions remain what The Quint had confirmed earlier, in an exclusive report
The list is out, the portfolios have been declared. As The Quint’s Rishika Baruah had stated in an exclusive report, Lalu’s son and first-time MLA, Tejaswi Yadav, was appointed Deputy Chief Minister, his other son, Tej Pratap Yadav was given the health portfolio, and Abdul Bari Siddiqui the finance portfolio. Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar will continue as home minister.
According to the profiles announced, the Bihar CM has also retained the personnel portfolio. Tejaswi will also take care of road construction, building and welfare of backward classes, while Tej Pratap will look after irrigation and environment as well.
Following is the list of the other ministers in the Bihar cabinet.
- Bijendra Prasad Yadav (JDU) - Energy
- Lallan Singh (JDU) - Water Resources
- Manju Verma (JDU) - Public Welfare
- Madan Mohan Jha (Cong) - Revenue
- Madan Sahni (JDU) - Food Supply
- Ashok Choudhary (Cong) - Education & IT
- Vijay Prakash (RJD) - Labour Resources
- Ram Vichar Rai (RJD) - Agriculture
- Kapil Dev Kamath (JDU) - Panchayati Raj
- Santosh Nirala (JDU) - SC-ST Welfare
- Abdul Jalil Mastan (Cong) - Products & Condition
- Abdul Ghafoor (RJD) - Minority Affairs
- Chandrika Rai (RJD) - Transport
- Maheshwar Hazari (JDU) - Urban Development
- Chandra Shekhar (RJD) - Disaster Management
- Jai Kumar Singh (JDU) - Industry, Science & Technology
- Anita Devi (RJD) - Tourism
- Muneshwar Chaudhary (RJD) - Mining and Geology
- Krishna Nandan Verma (JDU) - PHED and Law
- Khurshid Urf Firoj Ahmed (JDU) - Sugarcane Industry
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.