Sena Keeps Home Min, NCP Gets Finance: Details of Uddhav Cabinet
After a long wait, the Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Vika Aghadi government in Maharashtra government declared its cabinet of ministers on Thursday, 12 December. In it, the Shiv Sena gets to keep the home and urban development ministries, while the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) getting finance and housing ministries.
For now, six leaders who took oath with Thackeray – Sena’s Subhash Desai and Eknath Shinde, NCP’s Chhagan Bhujbal and Jayant Patil, and Congress’ Balasaheb Thorat and Nitin Raut – have been allotted multiple portfolios. No new names have been declared to be a part of the cabinet yet.
Here’s what each party gets:
What Shiv Sena Keeps
- Eknath Shinde: Home, Urban Development, Environment, PWD, Tourism and Parliamentary Works.
- Subhash Desai: Employment, Industry, Higher and Technical Education, Sports and Youth.
What NCP Gets
- Chhagan Bhujbal: Rural Development, Social Justice, Water Resources and State Excise.
- Jayant Patil: Finance and Planning, Housing, Food Supply and Labour.
What Congress Gets
- Nitin Raut: PWD, Tribal Development, OBC Development, Women and Child Development & Relief and Rehabilitation.
- Balasaheb Thorat: Revenue, School Education, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries.
Maharashtra Winter Session to Begin Soon
While the Shiv Sena and the NCP will have 15 and 16 ministers in the government respectively, the Congress will have 12 ministers, according to the notification sent to the governor.
The six-day Winter Session of the Maharashtra Assembly is slated to begin on 16 December and go on till 21 December, in Nagpur.
Ahead of the session, the Chief Ministers’ Office sent a list of portfolios that have been allocated to six Cabinet ministers to the Raj Bhavan for signature, on Thursday.
(Make sure you don't miss fresh news updates from us. Click here to stay updated )