‘Yoga Not a Religious Activity’: PM Modi’s Top 10 Yoga Day Quotes
PM Modi celebrates International Yoga Day in Chandigarh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi joined over 30,000 people in Chandigarh on Monday for the second International Yoga Day celebrations as he pitched for treating diseases like diabetes through the ancient spiritual discipline.
Modi, dressed in a white-coloured t-shirt and trouser along with a scarf, led over 30,000 participants, including defence forces personnel and school children, for the second International Day of Yoga celebrations here at the Capitol Complex amid tight security.
Here are PM Modi’s top ten quotes:
1. Yoga is not about the afterlife. Therefore, it is not a religious practice. It is the science of this world, it is about what we will get in this life.
2. With zero budget, Yoga provides health assurance. Yoga does not discriminate between rich and poor.
3. Yoga is not about what one will get, it is about what one can give up.
4. This is a day linked with good health and now it has become people’s mass movement.
5. The world supported the idea of International Day of Yoga. All sections of society came together in this endeavour.
6. At present, in all parts of the nation people have been connected to Yoga.
7. Important to integrate Yoga with our lives. Do not wait, make Yoga a part of one’s life.
8. Let’s focus on one thing in the coming days, how to mitigate diabetes through Yoga. Diabetes can surely be controlled through Yoga.
9. Let’s make Yoga more popular globally. Let India produce good Yoga teachers.
10. Yoga will connect you to yourself, which is vital in these times when everyone is so busy.
PM Modi also talked about two Yoga awards, one international and one for India. PM stated that he wants to honour those who work towards popularising Yoga.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.